Once you locate the UDID for your iDevice, delete its corresponding folder. (You can also move it to a safe location like your desktop.) Then, restart iTunes and try creating a new backup file. When the backup finishes, try restoring your iDevice. First, you need to https://korirestaurantbali.com/how-to-flash-sm-n910v-firmware-a-complete-guide/ delete your existing incompatible or corrupt backup from iTunes, create a new backup, and then restore your device with iTunes. Make sure you have installed the latest iTunes version on your computer. Some old iTunes versions might contain some bugs.
Then how to restore iPhone without iTunes? Here we recommend you an alternative to iTunes – AnyTrans, which is fitted with many powerful functions in comparison to iTunes. Some users reported the firmware file was not compatible and couldn’t be fixed through the mentioned solutions. Sometimes, the antivirus software you installed on your computer may cause some issues. So you can disable them when you have any trouble with updating or restoring your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- The iPhone firmware corrupt or not compatible error can be very annoying.
- Here, we take the Windows system for example.
- The problem of Mac’s black screen of death is not irreparable and neither do you need to rush to the Apple repair store to get it fixed.
- I finally tried a hard reset by pressing down the volume down and power buttons at the same time.
Please check the file location and access permissions. Updating failed due to version mismatch. Power cycle (off/on) your product and if that does not help try updating again, and check the product settings once updated. Error starting firmware after updating. Power cycle (off/on) your product and if that does not help, try updating again, and check the product settings once updated.
No VE.Direct baudrates found in the update file. No Product Id found in the update file. Product updated successfully, but an error occurred restoring the settings.
- Here is a video tutorial about how to recover lost data with this software.
- The restore process erases all your data and settings and installs a new version of the iOS through iTunes while the device is connected to your computer.
- It is recommended to do this single process of updating and closing all the other processes that are using the internet.
- If you are using Finder, just go to App Store to see if there are any available updates.
For some unknown reason, some anti-virus programs will cause the malfunction of firmware file. You can try disabling your anti-virus software for a while, and run iTunes to update or restore your iPhone again. When restoring or updating iPhone/iPad with iTunes, you may get the error of “the firmware file is not compatible”. Follow this guide, it will explain what does it mean and give 4 solutions to fix this problem. The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt. To restore, DFU mode is a comparatively complex method. No matter if your device is stuck or crashing, again and again, DFU mode will take you to the restoration process.